Precast concrete technology had been identified as one of the key areas of focus to improve productivity in the construction industry. It has been observed that there is more room for a greater adoption of this technology in Singapore. Good site management practices and planning of precast concrete construction activities such as on-site/off-site casting of precast members, transportation of the members to site, erection and construction considerations would contribute to more efficient, less labour intensive and faster construction. This would eventually lead to better construction productivity.
This workshop provides construction managers with practical knowledge in the planning, execution and control of precast concrete construction. At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to plan and manage precast concrete construction site activities effectively.
1) Overview of precast concrete construction
• Introduction to precast concrete construction
• Buildability and productivity: standardisation, prefabrication
• Precast concrete components including prefabricated bathroom units & CD shelters
2) Planning of precast concrete construction activities
• Planning of production, moulds, erection sequence
• Schedule of precast concrete construction works
• Site preparations
• Constraints in precast components manufacturing
3) Managing precast concrete construction
• Control of erection activities
• Manpower arrangements
4) Case studies of successful management of precast concrete projects
5) Group assignment / presentation
ASSESSMENT & AWARD
• Participants who achieve at least 75% attendance and complete the assignments will be awarded a Certificate of Successful Completion (CSC).
• Achieving CSC is mandatory for each participant to enjoy the course fee subsidy.
Project/Construction managers, Engineers, Supervisory personnel, Precast fabricators,
Contractors and Safety personnel.