Business process analysis and modelling is an essential component of Business Process Redesign (BPR) as well as other business process improvement initiatives such as reengineering, systems development, quality management and continuous process improvement. In this workshop, the participants will acquire the knowledge and skills to analyse and accurately model business processes at the enterprise level as well as the detailed workflow level.
In this training course, delegates will acquire the knowledge and skills to map and model business processes at enterprise level as well as detailed workflow level.
The training course also provides a step-by-step approach to effectively analyse processes to ensure that business process models accurately reflect reality and includes stakeholder requirements.
Delegates will learn the Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN). This is a widely-used, open modelling standard that combines business-friendliness with the precision required to effectively implement and automate business processes. It is easy to understand and can be applied to all aspects of business process innovation.
Practical analysis and modelling work using the techniques is done throughout the training course.
- Understand business processes and their components
- Apply process analysis concepts and techniques
- Define processes using Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)
- Develop business process architecture
- Analyse process customer requirements
- Specify measures of business process performance
- Diagnose the health of a business process
Who Should Attend?
The training course is designed for business managers, business process analysts, process owners, business and systems analysts, information technology professionals, BPM project leaders, BPM project team members and quality specialists.
State-of-the-art business process modelling methods are transferred by means of short, focused presentations which are followed by experiential learning workshop sessions. In these sessions the knowledge gained is applied to real-world examples and case studies. Rapid learning of the methods and techniques is achieved by means of group work, individual work, participant discussion, facilitator interaction and constructive feedback.
This interactive training course includes the following training methodologies as a percentage of the total tuition hours:
- 30% Lectures, Concepts, Role Play
- 30% Workshops & Work Presentations, Techniques
- 20% Based on Case Studies & Practical Exercises
- 20% Videos, Software & General Discussions
- Pre and Post Test
DAY 1 Understanding Business Processes
- The process view: an introduction to business processes
- Types of business processes
- Identifying and naming business processes
- How to analyse the components of a business process
- Business process modelling concepts
- Practical analysis work
DAY 2 Developing Business Process Models using Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)
- An introduction to Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN)
- Modelling business process events
- Representing detailed branching and joining logic
- Business process patterns
- Modelling processes using the basic BPMN elements
- Practical business process modelling work
DAY 3 Advanced Process Modelling Using BPMN
- Extended BPMN modelling elements
- Developing hierarchical diagrams
- Using pools and lanes
- Handling process exceptions
- Practical business process modelling work
DAY 4 Analysing Business Processes
- Introduction to business process architecture
- Identifying and analysing process customers
- Diagnosing process health
- Process performance analysis
- Identifying process enablers
DAY 5 Improving Business Processes Using Models
- Identifying improvement opportunities using process models
- Moving from as-is to to-be models
- Describing improvements using process models
- Implementing improved processes
- Choosing the right modelling tool
- process improve techniques to transform business processes
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to those who attend & successfully complete the programme.
08:30 – 10:15 First Session
10:15 – 10:30 Coffee Break
10:30 – 12:15 Second Session
12:15 – 12:30 Coffee Break
12:30 – 14:00 Third Session
14:00 – 15:00 Lunch
The Fee for the seminar, including instruction materials, documentation, lunch, coffee/tea breaks & snack is: